Summer is underway and it means the arrival of summer heat. This scorching heat is uncomforting when you doesn’t have one or more air conditioners. It is not even practical for you to have one subtle air conditioner for each room.
This is when you need a compact air conditioner because it will give you mobility and you can experience portable cooling.What’s more on offer?
Well, purchasing a portable one is much more cost effective and you can buy more than one according to your needs.
Another thing, it saves you from the displeasing experience of bulky non-mobile air conditioners. Here, we have decided to highlight the best portable air conditioners in a beginner-friendly manner so that you can find the right one for your specific needs.
What Are Portable Air Conditioners?
Portable Air Conditioner is a smaller individual cooling unit. You can use it for cooling medium-sized apartments, condominiums or personal rooms. You don’t need to install it on the walls as it comes in standing form. It might be small in size, yet it can deliver the same cooling as the bigger units.
Choosing the right AC is important for your conditions and space as you can find many options available in the market.But, don’t be worried!! We have researched the portable air conditioner reviews and come up with the best possible suggestions and necessary advice to help you getting the right product. Scroll down to know more…
Why You Need A Portable Air Conditioner?
The humidity is very high in summer. So, the sweating comes naturally. Heavy sweating can cause many types of illnesses like heat rash and heat exhaustion. Even it speeds up your breathing procedure making your pulse fast and weak.
The heat exhaustion can turn into heat stroke in fatal conditions and within a few seconds your body temperature can go up to 106° F. We know how dangerous these heat strokes can be!
A portable can save you from such occurrences even you are constantly moving from one place to another. They are lifesavers and must have accessory in everyone’s day-to-day life.
Of course, there are other reasons for you to purchase the smallest window air conditioner. If you are a renter or someone who likes to wheel the air conditioner in between rooms or you just don’t have enough money for a fixed option- in any of these cases, a portable air conditioner will be a suitable option for you.
Our Top Picks- The Best Portable Air Conditioners On The Market
We have handpicked some of the trending portable air conditioners. We appreciate your choice and for your betterment, we narrowed them down in different sizes and categories.We didn’t stuff the page with numerous product suggestions.
We only showcased 5 Best Portable Air Conditioners to make it easy for you. Have a look-
Honeywell MN10CES Portable Air Conditioner
- Cools larger spaces
- Have three speeds
- Timer can be set up to 24 hours
- It’s energy efficient
- A bit loud
- The condensation tank needs regular emptying
Sleek, modern design and super cooling with power pack performances- you’ll get it all in this Honeywell product. It is a power saver!! You won’t have to worry about your electricity bills anymore. Plus, it’s cooling performance is same as the other great portable air conditioners in the market.
You can enjoy portability at its best, just wheel it to the place where you want to put it and enjoy the freshness of the cool air.
Now, let’s talk about some of the most amazing features it’s offering. There is a remote control for easy controlling & a window venting kit to clear out all the hot air out of your room. You always have the option to remove this kit when you don’t have to use it for long.
Its auto-evaporative system doesn’t require any emptying buckets and you can run it for hours. To enjoy mild cooling experiences, you can turn on the fan function. It offers 1000 BTU and the noise level is 54 decibels. It’s variation in colors and the touch operation system makes it a perfect portable air conditioner!!
Whynter ARC-10WB Portable Air Conditioner
- Design is compact
- Well rated product
- Cooling is reasonably well
- Multiple user settings
- Four fan speeds
- Manual & Auto-swing louvers
- 24-hour programmable timer
- Pricey for its features
- The product is heavy
The Whynter ARC-10WB is a lighter and compact portable unit. We won’t say this is the best portable air conditioner, but you can’t ignore it. Why? First of all, it is a well-designed air conditioning system with versatility.
This eco-friendly product is perfect for home uses and even for offices also. You would get a pre-filter that will trap mold, dust & dirt when you are running it on. It comes with a self-evaporative drainage system that reduces the water drainage frequency.
According to the portable air conditioner reviews, the silver ion particle filter installed inside helps to eliminate the growth of bacteria and viruses.
We ran a brief test and we found out that it was able to cool the room to the desired temperature within 20 minutes, which is really incredible. We were pleased with its performance and we couldn’t ask for more from an air conditioner with a 10,000 BTU cooling capacity. The Whynter ARC-10WB will be your worthy purchase, we guarantee!!
SPT Single Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- Removes excessive moisture from the air
- Easy to store during winter
- Auto-restart feature
- 2 fan speeds
- Digital temperature display
- LCDI plug
- Digital thermostat with remote control
- Very heavy
- Louder than other units
- Can’t cool large spaces
SPT is a specialist in air conditioning industry. So, it’s no surprise that their single hose portable unit will earn a lot of positive reviews from the purchasers. It is packed well with an impressive feature set. Firstly, you can choose between continuous operation and programmable timer.
The programmable timer gives service up to 24 hrs. There you will find an extended water tube for continuous drainage. Not only that, this best portable air conditioner removes moisture easily to provide you extra cooling comfort. It has casters for easy mobility and washable air filters to collect dust particles- we loved these features!
The Fire resistant plastic housing and Extendable exhaust hose are the other features that made it the ultimate air conditioner in the market.
As it has 8000 BTU capacities, it will be perfect for approximately 250 square feet rooms. Portable air conditioner reviews suggest, The SPT Single Hose Portable Air Conditioner is ideally suitable for standard sized homes.
Shinco Portable Air Conditioner
- An economical portable air conditioner
- Easy installation
- 24-hour programmable on/off timer
- Covered with 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Noisy performance
- Can’t operate when the room temperature gets too hot
This is another best portable air conditioner with 10,000 BTU cooling capacity. It is capable enough to cool a 300 square feet area with ease. Trust me, you will never experience inconsistent cooling as this unit promises to provide a two-way air direction channel for effective performances.
No drainage installation is needed here because it recycles the condensed water. In many portable air conditioner reviews, we have found out that this portable air conditioner by Shins covers 1-year manufacturer warranty for the peace of customers.
The anti-frozen function and the optional active carbon filters are our personal favorite features of this portable air conditioner. There are mixed responses, some customers have complained about the noise, other than this factor it can be a great purchase overall.
LG Electronics LP1214GXR Portable Air Conditioner
- Robust structure
- Great cooling power
- Contemporary design
- Tolerable noise
- 3 cooling and 3 fan speeds
- Automatic swing louvers
- LED display panel
- Front air discharge
- Single hose exhaust system is not efficient
- Less features for its price
LG is the name of an innovative brand. What we are saying reflected perfectly on the LG LP1214GXR, as it is the most durable portable air-con with great functionality in the market today. This product is power efficient, it can yield up to 12,000 BTU from 115 volts.
That’s the reason why it is picked as one of the best portable air conditioners from a handful collection of portable units. It is ideal for 450 square feet rooms and it has the staggering dehumidification rate of 1.2 pints per hour. Isn’t that impressive??
We have discovered a lot more features during our research of portable air conditioner reviews. You have to read the full review section to reveal them. Overall, we can say that the LG LP1214GXR is one of the best climate control solutions for your interiors.
Suitable For Whom?
It is mandatory for you to know if you require it or not, otherwise it will just be a waste of time and money. Let’s find out if you fit into the category-
- The apartment tenants need it the most because it is not easy to install fixed air conditioners in apartments. Sometimes the landlords don’t allow them to install permanent ACs. It also saves the apartment dwellers from the botheration of this troublesome installation.
- Portable air conditioners are great for using in the library or in the guest room. You may also use it in the room where you are getting insufficient cooling from your fixed one.
- Office workers can also use it especially when the air conditioner is unable to handle the size of the room and the people working inside. Temperature is a great factor to maintain the work productivity and people can’t concentrate when there is too hot. Using an extra portable air conditioner can certainly beneficial in this regard.
- If you are camping outside in summer, you may definitely need a portable air conditioner especially when it is hot and humid. The standard fans and the ice cooler fans are not that much effective. A lot of people are using portable air conditioners for summer camping &that’s the reason why it’s getting massive popularity.
Advantages of Best Portable Air Conditioners
- Easy to Install- Installing a standard air conditioner is troublesome. You can’t do it without the help of a specialist. It gets even more difficult when you face complications. On the other hand, you can install portable air conditioners on your own. It comes with explicit directions and anyone can do it following the instructions properly.
- Mobility-These units are easier to transfer from one place to another. You can cool down any specific area that you can’t do with the regular ones. They are light and compact. You can easily carry them while camping as they don’t cover much space and they fit well into the tents. For easier movements they have wheels beneath.
- Affordable- This certainly is a budget saving option.The price will be well within your reach. A fixed AC has other costing like installation and maintenance charges if you are an expert. But, in a case of these portable units you can save this extra expense.
- Remote Control- You get a handy remote with your purchase. It is an added benefit. You can set timers and automatic modes with your remote.
- Window Kit- There are filler panels to direct the hot air outside and close the gap in an open window.
- Directing Airflow With Louvres- To direct the air flow more widely in various direction, these portable air conditioners have fixed, adjustable and oscillating louvers.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing
Now, this is an important section. You need to look at all the factors before opting forward to buy your portable AC. Your needs and circumstances should be the primary concern.We have gathered some valuable considerations. Let’s have a look-
Best portable air conditioners are also energy efficient. The Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) determines the rate of the efficiency of the machine. For regular air conditioners, the minimum EER is 10. A portable air conditioner can’t attain that but any machine delivering close to this rate is definitely very efficient.
Capacity of Cooling
This is a crucial factor. Actually, this is the reason why you are purchasing an air conditioner. So, check the cooling capacity carefully before you pay off. First, you need to find the BTU per hour. It stands for British Thermal Units and indicates the capacity of the AC to remove the amount of heat from the room in an hour. Higher the BTU, greater the cooling capacity is. An AC with insufficient BTU will take a longer time to cool down a room. At the same time, machines with too much cooling capacity consume more power and they are expensive. It will just be a waste of your money. If the ceiling is more than 8 feet up from the floor, then you will need more cooling capacity. Of course, the environmental concerns are there too. If you are living in an area that is too much hot, the room is not insulated properly and you are having a lot of heat-producing appliances in your room, then purchase air conditioners with a higher cooling capacity.
It is another important factor. A noisy machine is a disturbance for your sound sleep. So, check the decibel level to make sure you are not purchasing a noisy unit. 60 decibels of sound is equal to the level of normal conversation happening nearby. If you are switching to 70 decibels that means you are switching to 10 times noisier product. And, if you can’t sleep with people making sound nearby, then choose lower decibels like 55 decibels at the most. Some portable units also produce only 45 decibels of sound. So, pick the according to your requirement.
The cost of portable air conditioners goes higher when it comes with additional features like the remote controller and programmable timer. The renowned brands may also go to cost you a bit more. But, it is worth a purchase if you get the expected quality and durability from a reputed brand. It is hard to get a best portable air conditioner on a tight budget, but then, of course, you can always omit the features it is offering. So, what matters the most is to purchase a product that fits your budget and all your requirements.
So, did our portable air conditioner reviews satisfy you or you are still in doubt?? We know, there is no single answer that will describe your needs. Different people use air conditioners for different purposes and they have their own definition of comfortable temperature. Everyone’s different.
However, we have tried our level best to put up all the necessary advice that will be helpful for everyone in common. We hope, our suggestions will increase your chance of making the right purchase.
A best portable air conditioner can give you long time service, It is not just the summer you have to worry about, you can keep it cool for all the year round!!!